Sunday, January 3, 2016

Good Old Ned

This will be a huge year health wise for me. I was diagnosed in 2011 with a Menegioma Brain Tumor. The doctors in Utah just watched it every year and did yearly brain scans to track it. The tumor is located on the right frontal lobe of my brain surrounding the curated Rtery and impinging on the optic nerve. Because of location they opted to observe rather than surgery. However, this year I saw a new neurologist and had a new scan. He compared with previous scan and saw that the tumor was growing at a rate of 1mm a year which in and of itself was not to significant, but over the course of 5 years it has grown 5 mm which is huge. So this month Inwill be starting radiation therapy to kill the tumor cells. It's is a little frightening for me, but I know that I can do this. The above is a radiograph of the tumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment